Not that you can’t find a good one in a store, but nothing can beat a great homemade salsa!
I haven’t made this in while but it is always a crowd pleaser especially in the hot summer months.
I believe my husband at one point hid the bowl of salsa in the kitchen in an attempt to save some while periodically paying it a visit with a handful of sweet potato chips. I don’t blame him, in fact I gave him props for a valiant effort. The bowl was soon uncovered by one of our friends and the salsa was gone soon after that.
All the below are diced finely (or place into a food processor)
- 5 Ripe Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 1 Ripe Avocado *optional (make sure it isn’t too ripe so it isn’t mushy, hand dice)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeds removed if you do not want it too spicy)
- 1/2 Medium White Onion
- Generous handful of Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice tomatoes or place into food processor and chop finely.
- Remove and strain tomatoes so your salsa isn’t too watery.
- Place the rest of your ingredients except salt, pepper and avocado into food processor and chop finely.
- Combine everything into large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If adding avocado, dice finely and add as well.