This is a super easy dinner option especially if you need to feed several people and any left overs can be frozen and saved for another lazy day.
This meal came out of looking for a quick way to use up a bunch of veggies in the fridge while creating something filling.
Last year we went surfing and one of our friends made a casserole for an evening dinner. One pan filled with tons of veggies and rice filled up 8 people! While some of the things used I did not have or what to use in mine, the inspiration was there. I had never attempted to make a casserole before and looking through the Internet most of what I stumbled upon were all creamy and heavy meals. I wanted a healthier version so for mine I didn’t use any cream soup or Parmesan cheese like most ask for. I decided to let my broth and seasonings give this easy dinner its yummy taste 🙂
- 4 Chicken Breasts (cut into small cubes)
- 1 Cup White Basmati Rice
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Celery Stock
- 3 Tbsp Leeks
- 1/4 Cup Brocolli
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (I used 2 Tbsp of the NO MSG powdered broth and mixed with water)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil (or your favorite oil)
1) Marinate your chicken cubes using the soy sauce and oil. Season it lightly with some paprika and garlic powder.
2) Dice up all your veggies into small pieces.
3) Rinse your rice and place it into a 9″ glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
4) Add in all your diced up veggies and the garlic. Then mix it all together.
5) Preheat your oven to 420F.
6) Mix your broth with the paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and cumin then pour it into the dish.
7) Place your marinated chicken on top making sure it is spread evenly over the rice and veggie mix.
8) Cover with tin foil leaving a small corner open for the steam then bake in the oven for 45mins.
9) After 45 mins, uncover the dish and bake for another 15 mins.