This is such an easy dinner! Always a hit at our house especially mid-week when tasks and daily life seem to pile on. I buy our chickens from a free range farm every couple of months, there is just such a difference between these chickens and the ones you can buy from a large grocery chain. If you do not have access to a farm bought chicken I sometimes buy them at a local butcher shop as well 🙂
- 1 Whole Chicken (washed)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth (i used the powdered No MSG)
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Sprigs fresh Thyme
- Seasoning Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grease a 9″ glass baking dish with some butter or cooking spray and add in the broth.
2) Rub the bird with the melted butter. Combine your seasonings and rub the chicken with the mix.
3) Place your seasoned chicken into the baking dish then place it into the center of the oven uncovered.
4) Bake your chicken for 1 1/2 Hours.
5) After about 30-40 mins of the bird baking I start basting it with the broth and juices every 10-15 mins to keep it moist.
6) Once you get to the last 10 mins stop basting and let the bird get crispy.
Serve up and enjoy!
Come back soon…this weekend I’m cooking up some Venison!! Should be interesting.