I have been a bit under the weather lately as you can tell from my last post. With that said, I have been looking for quick meals with a lot of taste. And for some reason I have been craving spicy and tangy food the last two days. So after I finally dragged myself to the kitchen wrapped in a blanket the other evening I was looking for anything I could manage to make in under 30 minutes. This is what was scrounged up, basically my take on chili chicken. While dousing chicken in a chili sauce would have been much easier I made the sauce from scratch and it only took 5 minutes. Within 30 minutes I was back to be being curled up on the couch.
You will need 4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken breasts cubed and seasoned with some paprika.
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Garnish:
- 2 Green Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Handful of Fresh Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Sesame Seeds
1) Combine the above in a bowl.
2) In a large pan or wok heat up your Olive oil with about a tablespoon of water. Toss in your cubes of chicken and cook until they are no longer pink.
3) Add in the sauce and cook until it is no longer watery. (approx. 5 mins) Let the chicken brown a bit in the sauce then toss in the garnish mix.
Combine it all and serve with your choice of side. I myself did fresh cubes of cucumber.