This past weekend we threw a Beer Tasting Bash at our house to celebrate my husbands birthday. This was just one of the dishes I served up for the spread of snacks to enjoy. I served it with my No Mayo Coleslaw and garlic dill pickles but you can choose to pair it with whatever fixings you like most. This dish you will need to start the night before but after that there is really no work involved aside from assembling your slider, the slow cooker will do the rest.
For your Sauce:
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Hickory BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar)
- 2 Tsp Beef Broth (No MSG)
- 3 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 3 Tsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Shots Whiskey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
Yes, there is a lot in there but it makes for one heck of a sauce. All you do is the following:
- Mix all of the above in a bowl and store overnight.
- In the morning take out your slow cooker, add 2 ladles of this sauce on the bottom, place your Pork Tenderloin inside (I used 2 1/2 Lbs) then pour the rest of the sauce over the meat.
- Cook on Low heat for 9 Hours.
- At the 9 hour mark take out your pork and cut it up into small pieces. Then place it back into the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- The pork will absorb most of the sauce so feel free to add in more BBQ sauce into the cooker.
Below are some of the photos of the decor at the Beer Tasting.
While I made most of the signs and food tags myself using chalkboard paper and chalk I found some lovely Free Printables on the web.