I made these lovely treats the other night after having a craving for spicy food. The inspiration for these came after a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant where they served something similar. Naturally I have no idea how they made them at the restaurant so this is me winging it at home. Super quick and easy snack for parties or even to snack on at home. I served up ours as a side dish at dinner with some garlic and white pepper aioli the recipe is also below.
For the Jalapenos:
- 10 Medium Jalapenos
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Cut the top off your peppers and cut them length wise. Remove the inside and seeds.
- Put your egg in a bowl and beat it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Dip each half in the egg then in the bread and cheese mix.
- Place your peppers on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat your oven to 420 degrees F and place the peppers in.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden.
- Remove and serve.
Garlic White Pepper Aioli
- 3 Tbsp Mayo
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
Combine all the above in a bowl and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes then serve. If you do not get through all of it in one sitting it stores well for several days.