Month: November 2014
Ok, I have said this before…I am not a baker. However during our previous paleo diet my hubby was constantly craving cookies and since we weren’t doing the strictest level of the paleo diet I was able to make these delicious treats.
I had tried several recipes I had found throughout the Internet but somehow none of them hit the spot. I set out to do something that is seldom a good idea when it comes to baking….I winged it. Attempt number #1 and #2 for that matter were to put it lightly, disasters. While we eventually ate the ‘cookies’ they were nothing to write about that is for sure. I am pretty sure that without dipping them in coffee or tea those bad boys would have been inedible due to how dry they turned out. If you ever tried to eat a spoon full of cinnamon for some reason (most likely as a dare of sorts), you would have a reasonable comparison to my first two attempts at cookies.
Third time was a charm however, and what turned out was devoured within half an hour. Yes, we ate a plate full of cookies at 11:00pm, judge all you want…we certainly judged a bit after looking down at a plate of crumbs, this passed quickly and turned into a high five 🙂
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- ¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- Combine the above in a bowl and mix until everything is combined thoroughly.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Taking small pieces of the dough, roll them in your palms to make balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Flatten then in your hand and place on the baking sheet. Mine were about ¼ inch thick.
- Place cookies into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.