Don’t panic. I know what the vast majority of people will think when they see this title…”Brussel Sprouts…Yuck!” If you are anything like me you are probably reliving all the family dinners from your childhood when your parents tried to force you to eat brussel sprouts. Personally I have never been a fan of these tiny cabbages, that is until now. It all changed this past Christmas when my lovely sister-in-law served up these bad boys at the family dinner, this is also to say that I cannot take credit for this recipe as it is something I got from her 🙂 This is a super easy and quick side dish that is sure to please even the most determined hater of brussel sprouts.
- 30 – 40 Brussel Sprouts
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Coarse Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash the sprouts, peeling off any loose bits.
- Trim off a bit from the bottom of the sprouts then cut then in half.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl toss the sprouts with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. (I used approx. 1 Tsp of each)
- Place the halves face down on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and check the sprouts. If they are golden on the bottom remove and serve. If they aren’t golden yet, flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy 🙂
These baked brussel sprouts go great with a little bit of white vinegar sprinkled on top too