Month: June 2017
Looking for a quick and easy dinner option? Look no further. From start to finish this meal takes under an hour to make! It is served with a light yet creamy white wine sauce with a hint of lemon.
- 375g Pasta of your choice (I used 1 pack of linguine)
- 20- 30 Raw Prawns (peeled & de-veined)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Green Pepper
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- Juice from 2 ½ Lemons
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Dry White Wine
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Seasoning Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- ½ Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Chives and Parsley to garnish
- Fresh Parmesan for Garnish
- Peel your prawns, if you did not purchase de-veined ones you will need to do so now.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on box, depending on the type of pasta you choose the cooking time varies. TIP: Once your pasta is cooked, strain and run under cold water to prevent it from sticking together. Set aside.
- Dice your shallot, zucchini and pepper and set aside each one separately.
- In a large skillet, melt your butter on high heat and add the shallot. Lightly brown the shallot then add your green peppers. Let them cook approx. 3 minutes until they are getting softer.
- Add your water and zucchini and mix. Cook for approx 4 minutes until zucchini is starting to get soft.
- Add your garlic, paprika, seasoning salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano & Italian seasoning. Mix everything together and cook for another minute or 2.
- Add your lemon juice and mix.
- Add the prawns and mix. Let them cook for about 2 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Add your wine and mix. Cook everything with a cover on for about 5 minutes to allow the wine to evaporate a bit.
- Add in the cream and mix. Lower heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your pasta and combine everything.
- Once everything is combined serve and garnish with chives, parsley & Parmesan.