Ever since I was little I have LOVED tomatoes. Being a picky eater as a child I quite literally survived my elementary school years eating tomato and cheese sandwiches. This wasn’t for a lack of trying on my parents part for me to try new lunches and food…I simply refused to eat anything else. Sorry mom!
Now that I am all grow up, I still LOVE tomatoes and even grow them in my garden 😊
From time to time I get a craving for Bruschetta so I figured I would share my take on it with all of you.
1 White Baguette
5-6 Roma Tomatoes (any other tomato will do as well but these are my favourite choice)
2 TBSP Sweet Onion (finely diced)
1 – 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
½ Red Pepper (finely chopped)
Handful of Fresh Basil (Chopped)
¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
1 TSP White Pepper
1 TSP Dried Oregano
Salt to Taste
1 TBSP Olive Oil
2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Dice and chop all your ingredients.
- Place your tomatoes in a strainer and squeeze out the juices so the bruschetta is not watery.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice your Baguette and toast in the toaster, or if you prefer, pan fry it until golden brown in a pan with butter.
- Place topping on baguette slices and enjoy 😊