Here is another simple and quick BBQ recipe for some yummy prawns this time.
I have been making these for years and they always go quick at the table.
I had approximately 100 peeled and deveined prawns
For the Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter (i used unsalted)
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 5 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Handful minced Italian Parsley
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- If you are using wood skewers soak them in some water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your prawns keeping the tails on.
- Skewer your prawns onto the skewers.
- Mix the above in a bowl. Using a brush coat both sides of the prawns in the marinade. I let mine sit for 20 mins.
- Start up the BBQ and once it is hot place your skewers on.
- These guys cook fast so don’t leave them unattended. You will need about 1 – 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
BBQ season has officially started!
While our new BBQ is still sitting in pieces on our living room floor much to the dismay of our pup who has been cautiously walking around the loud and precariously placed pieces. These wonderful Oysters were barbequed this past weekend when we went to visit some good friend of ours at their new house on Vancouver Island. They bought a beautiful house just steps away from the beach where they have been raising their two twin boys. On Saturday night I wanted the busy parents to relax a bit so I cooked up dinner. This is one of the dishes that came out of the dinner. The rest of my recipes from this dinner will follow in subsequent posts so check back 🙂 Since we were right by the ocean, fresh seafood was the theme of the evening, this recipe as well as the ones that will follow are all super easy and full of flavors!
I made 8 Oysters but this sauce will be enough for much more if you like. It also goes great with Steak!
For the Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp Horseradish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 3 Tbsp Chives (chopped)
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (leaves removed)
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Mix all the above in a bowl.
- Rinse your Oysters and make sure they are all sealed.
- Place the Oysters flat side up onto your BBQ and cook on Medium heat.
- When the shells lift open a bit (approx 5 mins) use a dull knife to pry them open while holding it down with an oven mitt. **BE CAREFUL** during this step.
- Take off the top shell and cut the oyster away from the tendon at the top of the shell. Remove excess juice and sit your oyster back on the BBQ in its bottom shell. Pour 1 generous teaspoon of the above sauce onto your oyster and cook for 1 minute.
- Take off the BBQ and serve right away.