Looking for a quick and easy snack or side for dinner?
Our new favorite treat is zucchini fries!
The other day my amazing wedding photographer posted a photo of her dinner of zucchini balls with a spicy mayo. Unfortunately, she did not post a recipe with it. Coincidentally, I had an abundance of zucchini in our fridge and feeling inspired I decided to make something similar. Fries just seemed to be an easier option with less effort. (Originally I was going to call up the nearest Chinese restaurant and order in) So after dragging myself to the kitchen and rummaging through our pantry, these amazing fries hit the plates just 35 minutes later! Which is significantly quicker than delivery on a Wednesday night when just about everyone is in a mid-week rut and the last thing they want to do is cook.
And being “fries” they went great with a nice cold beer.
- 3 Medium Zucchinis (cut into thick strips approx. 3 1/2″ long)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Seasoning Salt
1) In a shallow bowl beat your egg.
2) In another shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs and seasoning.
3) Preheat your oven to 425F.
4) Dip your zucchini in the egg then dredge it through the bread crumb mix.
5) Arrange your zucchinis on a baking sheet lined in parchment.
6) Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Serve and Enjoy!
…I paired my fries with a Garlic Mayo Sriracha dipping sauce (Mixed up 4 Tbsp Mayo, 3 Tsp Sriracha and 1 large minced garlic clove)