As promised here is my recipe for a No Mayo Coleslaw.
I started making this when we were eating Paleo and I have continued to make it this way. As opposed to a heavy mayo dressing, this offers a nice lighter and fresher tasting alternative that is great especially now during the warmer months.
- 1/2 Small White Cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 Small Red Cabbage (chopped)
- 1 Handful Italian Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Medium Leek (chopped)
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (minced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine your chopped cabbages and add a little bit of salt over it.
- *Optional Tip* Using your hands squeeze the cabbage. This will make it softer.
- Add in your parsley and leeks.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon, vinegar, mustard, oil, garlic and some pepper. Mix it up until it is smooth.
- Pour onto your cabbage and mix.