Looking for a quick and easy dinner option? Look no further. From start to finish this meal takes under an hour to make! It is served with a light yet creamy white wine sauce with a hint of lemon.
- 375g Pasta of your choice (I used 1 pack of linguine)
- 20- 30 Raw Prawns (peeled & de-veined)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Green Pepper
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- Juice from 2 ½ Lemons
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Dry White Wine
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Seasoning Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- ½ Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Chives and Parsley to garnish
- Fresh Parmesan for Garnish
- Peel your prawns, if you did not purchase de-veined ones you will need to do so now.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on box, depending on the type of pasta you choose the cooking time varies. TIP: Once your pasta is cooked, strain and run under cold water to prevent it from sticking together. Set aside.
- Dice your shallot, zucchini and pepper and set aside each one separately.
- In a large skillet, melt your butter on high heat and add the shallot. Lightly brown the shallot then add your green peppers. Let them cook approx. 3 minutes until they are getting softer.
- Add your water and zucchini and mix. Cook for approx 4 minutes until zucchini is starting to get soft.
- Add your garlic, paprika, seasoning salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano & Italian seasoning. Mix everything together and cook for another minute or 2.
- Add your lemon juice and mix.
- Add the prawns and mix. Let them cook for about 2 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Add your wine and mix. Cook everything with a cover on for about 5 minutes to allow the wine to evaporate a bit.
- Add in the cream and mix. Lower heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your pasta and combine everything.
- Once everything is combined serve and garnish with chives, parsley & Parmesan.
I made these lovely treats the other night after having a craving for spicy food. The inspiration for these came after a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant where they served something similar. Naturally I have no idea how they made them at the restaurant so this is me winging it at home. Super quick and easy snack for parties or even to snack on at home. I served up ours as a side dish at dinner with some garlic and white pepper aioli the recipe is also below.
For the Jalapenos:
- 10 Medium Jalapenos
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Cut the top off your peppers and cut them length wise. Remove the inside and seeds.
- Put your egg in a bowl and beat it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Dip each half in the egg then in the bread and cheese mix.
- Place your peppers on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat your oven to 420 degrees F and place the peppers in.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden.
- Remove and serve.
Garlic White Pepper Aioli
- 3 Tbsp Mayo
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
Combine all the above in a bowl and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes then serve. If you do not get through all of it in one sitting it stores well for several days.